Senior Marketing Manager
A Day in the Life of a Senior Marketing Manager:
You start your day by checking in on Slack with your collaborators. Your main focus this week is market research to inform the company’s strategic marketing plan. Working from home as a senior marketing manager at People Rocket, you fix a second cup of tea and get ready to dig in.
You are identifying customer needs and market trends and conducting competitive landscape research. You find a potential win during your regular scan of trends, news, emerging technologies, and best practices. This piece of news could lead to a new client in business development for People Rocket. You send a link to the head of marketing to give them a heads up.
You’ve had two weeks of discussions about refreshing some of People Rocket’s brand assets. You worked with a visual designer to mock up some visual identity elements. Sharing unfinished work is an important part of the PR process. Today you’re a meeting with the marketing team to share your progress.
After lunch, you turn your attention to your ongoing multi-channel marketing campaign work. It’s time to re-up the digital advertising for one of our lines of service. You look over the assets and decide what the ad spend should be for next month. One of your responsibilities is to manage this part of the marketing budget and drive ROI.
It’s nearing the end of the day. Before you sign off, you start planning for a cross-functional team meeting. You’re sharing your latest report with leadership, sales, and creative services. You compiled last month’s marketing campaign performance and key metrics and also outline areas for optimization and improvement. You have some new ideas you want to try and want feedback and buy-in from the other team members.
Co-design is integral to the way we work at People Rocket. You want to collaborate with the rest of the team to define a path forward. You think that this new approach might be more labor intensive, but will achieve some of your big goals for the quarter. Today you’re looking for feedback and agreement on next steps.
You have a fun event with friends earlier than normal, so after checking your to-do list and Slack for anything urgent, you jump offline for the day. Tomorrow you can incorporate the exciting new ideas you picked up in that last meeting.
A Senior Marketing Manager at People Rocket:
- Understands various marketing channels: digital & content marketing, social media, advertising, and events
- Has an analytical mindset and is able to interpret data, analyze performance metrics, and make data-driven decisions
- Can effectively convey complex marketing concepts and strategies to diverse stakeholders
- Possesses creative thinking and problem-solving skills, and can develop innovative approaches to marketing
- Has strong project management skills: is able to prioritize, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines
- Demonstrates leadership and team management skills and ability to motivate and inspire team members to achieve goals
- Is proficient in various kinds of marketing software and analytics tools
It would also be great – but don’t worry if not – if you have :
- Spent some time in a sales organization, whether in business development; as a direct seller, account manager, or customer success rep; or in sales operations.
- Experience with RFPs of any kind – whether writing and publishing RFPs or responding to them
This is a contract role with potential to become a full-time role pending business needs.
A bit about us…
People Rocket is leading a revolution in consulting — breaking the traditional dependency model. We use modern ways of working across industry, organizational, and geographic boundaries. Our approach creates independence for our clients by building their innovation capacity. We take an inclusive approach to innovation that values multidisciplinary collaboration. We source diverse perspectives, lived experiences, and expertise to create better solutions.